I went silent for a bit because I thought something special was going on with Navy Guy and I didn’t want to betray his trust by spewing it all over the internet. WHAT A LAUGH, HERE I GO!

I’m still not sure what happened with Navy Guy’s phone, I think my text just actually didn’t go through. Anyhoo, we kept talking, but because we didn’t see each other that often (his weekly commute to Albany, us both going out of town different weekends) and because texting can lead to a lot of miscommunication, I suggested we not text as much, and we ended up having a few phone chats, which were very fun and refreshing.

Two weeks after ice cream and pierogies, we got dinner on a Saturday night. I was giddy and freaking out because I thought I really liked him, and I was so excited for a date that might last longer than 2 hours. I sneakily paid for our dinner, which he said was surprising and impressive, AND THEN he tells me he has to leave to go to a concert with his roommate……………………… I was super confused and caught off guard, but he said we should do something the next day. Fine. We had a brief goodnight kiss, and I luckily managed to meet up with some friends that night because I looked way too cute to go home. So then he starts texting me while we’re out, thanking me again for dinner and saying that if I’m still out at 3am that I should come over for a sleepover—just sleep, no sex. I believe his intentions but tell him 3am is too late for me and that I’ll see him tomorrow. He thinks I think he’s trying to get me over for sex, and assures me that he just wants to sleep and cuddle and alludes to it being too soon for us to have sex. I think this is cute and sweet and shows he has interest in me, but still, 3am is too late. He says that my rejection hurts his pride but is impressive nonetheless. I go to bed feeling great. I wake up the next morning to a 6am text from him saying that if he’s alive, we should get brunch at 2pm. I respond sure, and then he responds that nope, he’s way too hungover and might die and we can’t do brunch. In case you’re keeping score, that’s 2 flakes in one weekend. Then he goes on about how if I had slept over, he wouldn’t have partied until 6am and he wouldn’t be so deathly hungover. Give me a damn break, you are 30 years old. Then he tells me he has an out-of-town wedding the next weekend and we won’t see each other for ANOTHER 2 weeks. Sad.

During the next week, I am crushing HARD, hoping his name will pop up on my phone and more or less counting the days until I could see him again. It was pretty disgusting. I even felt guilty when I agreed to go on a first date with someone else (He lives in Astoria and I ventured up there to get beer and cheese with him). But Navy Guy and I texted a fair amount, he told me about how there was a girl at the wedding that he once made out with (tmi), and we ended up having our second hour-long phone call. During this call, he jabbered on about himself, his family, his coworkers, and asked me zero questions about myself—a recurring theme I kept noticing. This call left a bad taste in my mouth and for the next week I felt no desire to text him. I was back on top.

Then Navy Guy asked me to dinner this Saturday. I told him I already had scattered plans, including a second date with Beer&Cheese Guy (left out that detail tho) and going out that night with my friend, but that I could pull a [his name] and meet him for dinner (right after my drinks date hehe), dip out, and then invite him over for a sleepover. He did not pick up on my criticism and agreed to it. We got dinner at a really nice place, and he paid. He asked what time I’d come over for our sleepover, and I told him maybe 1:30 or 2. He said ok, and to call him to make sure he was up in case he falls asleep. He went to meet his other friend for a drink. I met my friend at 11, but the music wasn’t great at our bar so I called him at 1 to make sure I could still come over (he had texted me around 12 saying he was falling asleep….). 4 calls, 0 answer. For whatever reason, this was the straw that broke the camel’s back and I got MAD.

So I texted him:

“I’m actually pretty pissed. Your convenience trumps anything that I’m doing and I can’t keep getting flaked on like this. You don’t give a fuck about seeing me or getting to know me.”

Pretty rude. And probably pretty surprising from his perspective, but it had reached a boiling point within me and he’s always preaching about how he doesn’t like when people hold back.

However, I don’t think it justified his 6am response:

“Hmm not the texts I expected to wake to. Yea, don’t care about seeing you or getting to know you after spending $150 on dinner, makes perfect sense.

Sorry I’m a deep sleeper with a lot of missed calls all the time but get the fuck over it.”



Hoping and praying I’ve finally learned my lesson with these military sociopaths.

P.S. Beer&Cheese Guy is really cute and nice (and drives a Mustang convertible LOL), but there is no spark and we don’t have much to talk about.

Currently soothing my emotional wounds with the healing power of the sweet, beautiful boys of Friday Night Lights.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s